1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sneaky Ofsted

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by fairport, Feb 2, 2012.

1. fairport

fairport New commenter

I was phoned today with the wonderful news of a one day monitoring visit tomorrow. After the phone conversation, the inspector phoned back to say that his internet service was down so he couldn't receive the documents he wanted me to send. Instead he announced he would drive over to school to collect. This meant that 1.5 hours after the phone call, he was in my office looking at data with me, all the while stressing that the inspection hadn't really started!

He was with me for 2 hours this afternoon. Has anyone experienced this, as I'm feeling annoyed that I really only got a few hours notice. At least it will all be over before the weekend!

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I'm not a HT, but a school local to me found out they were having an unanounced 'visit' when they found the inspectors in the reception area chatting to folks at 8.15 am!!

3. I've replied to this post when you put it in the inspections forum.
    Under section 8, this is quite normal. The LI will typically go to the school the afternoon before and look through documentation and meet the SLT.