1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SMUC Interviews

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by tizzieh, Nov 29, 2011.

1. I've just been invited for interview for the part-time Primary PGCE at St Mary's in January, and on the agenda for the day it says we have to take part in a group presentation. There's no other information about this with the letter, I'm wondering whether I'm missing some info? Or maybe they don't give us time to prepare anything? If anyone else has been called for interview I'd be interested to know!
    Thanks.
    Tizz

2. I've just been invited for interview for the part-time Primary PGCE at St Mary's in January, and on the agenda for the day it says we have to take part in a group presentation. There's no other information about this with the letter, I'm wondering whether I'm missing some info? Or maybe they don't give us time to prepare anything? If anyone else has been called for interview I'd be interested to know!
    Thanks.
    Tizz

3. Well done on getting an interview!
    When did you put your application into SMUC? I sent mine off about 3 weeks ago and have no idea when I will hear!

4. I've also been offered an interview date in january and yes there will be group presnestations!!!! no futher info was included in the letter. I suspect we'll get another letter nearer the time with further info??!!!

5. sounds like SMUC's interview has changed then because there was no group interview last year. Unless that's just because you're applying for part time? On my interview we had to get there at 10, hand in documentation and listen to a talk about the uni and PGCE. Then we hada 30 minute maths and English test before a lunch break and tour of campus. After lunch we were split into groups of about 8 and went to separate rooms. We each had a separate 10 minute or so interview and then we did our five minute presentations to the rest of the group. All in all we were there from about 10-4pm. Good luck!

6. I applied as soon as the applications opened, early October. The deadline is today (Dec 1st) so I imagine you'll hear pretty soon. Good luck!

I think I'll email St Mary's if I don't get any more info about the group presentation.