1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Smp calculator

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by shsquidge, Sep 2, 2011.

1. http://smpcalculator.hmrc.gov.uk/SMP1.

This is the link for employers to work out how much Smp to pay their staff... And according to this people leaving in jan do not get September pay taken into consideration. They use July and august as the qualifying months- which means that if you are due a tlr or a point scale rise then this won't be considered in mat pay!? I think this is terrible! Any one know a way round it or if it can be changed!?!?

2. http://smpcalculator.hmrc.gov.uk/SMP1.

This is the link for employers to work out how much Smp to pay their staff... And according to this people leaving in jan do not get September pay taken into consideration. They use July and august as the qualifying months- which means that if you are due a tlr or a point scale rise then this won't be considered in mat pay!? I think this is terrible! Any one know a way round it or if it can be changed!?!?

3. Millie dog

Millie dog New commenter

When i went on maternity leave last time - Jan 2010 - I found all my maternity pay was based on my September pay scale rise (does that make sense!)
    You could always call HR/payroll to see what they say.
    Hope that helps!
    Millie
    x

4. Millie dog

Millie dog New commenter

Normal

false
    false
    false

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-parent:"";
    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin:0cm;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:10.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman";
    mso-ansi-language:#0400;
    mso-fareast-language:#0400;
    mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

When i went on maternity leave last time - Jan 2010 - I found all my
    maternity pay was based on my September pay scale rise (does that make sense!)

You could always call HR/payroll to see what they say.

Hope that helps!

Millie

x

5. Millie dog

Millie dog New commenter

TES obviously liked what I wrote so much....it posted it twice!!!! [​IMG]

6. Hey Millie can I tap into your wisdom please :) if Ileave at the end of October to start mat leave will I go up a pay scale ok this month and will this be reflected in my Mat pay? Xx

7. Millie dog

Millie dog New commenter

We seem to be doing exactly the same thing - going at Oct half term. I'm moving up the pay scale this september (moving to UPS so has been confirmed by Head/Governors/HR) so I know that is definately happening. I've been told that maternity pay will be based on new pay level, but i have calculated both new and previous scale to give myself an indication of what I might be getting... fingers crossed it's the higher rate!!

8. Thanks Millie. Here's hoping! I'll confirm with HR on Monday- 1st day back!
    Also, Here's to a healthy and productive half term, I'm tired already :) xx

9. i went at october half term and got maternity pay that was halfway between the two pay points. it's meant to be based on your average wage in the 15 weeks preceeding maternity leave so i guess that's what happened with mine.