1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Smear test and ttc

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Hi ladies, I've received a letter from the doctor saying I'm due s smear test soon. It says the best time to have a smear is between periods, but this would be ov time. I suppose what I want to know is is it better to have the test done before or after ovulation, or doesn't it matter? Thanks x

2. I don't think it matters from a smear test point of view whether you have it done before or after ovulation. From a TTC point of view, I would rather have it done before OV so that I knew that nothing could be accidentally scraped away (it probably isn't physically possible to remove an fertilised egg during a smear test, but in my mind I would be seeing it!!)

3. toeinwater

toeinwater New commenter

I'd go pre-ov, but as soon after your period as possible to allow lots of dtd! You never know, it might even open the tubes up for you or something!
    I know what you mean!

4. Ok. Thanks ladies x

5. When I had my first one a few months back I was in my first 2ww, and I asked if that could cause me a problem, and they said it would cause no risk to early pregnancy, but if it makes you feel better I would go for pre-ov to be sure.