1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

smart software

Discussion in 'Primary' started by simbaburton, Aug 2, 2011.

1. hi, just wondering if anyone can help me with this question.
    when i first started teaching i downloaded smartboard software onto my personal laptop so i could work at home. i also had a school laptop which had the safe software.
    the school i moved to last year don't provide teachers with a laptop, so if i work at home, i now use my own, (new) laptop. when i bought it, i downloaded the software but it was on a 30 day trial basis and then stopped working. this never happened before and obviously i don't want to have too pay for the licence/product code myself. my school IT dept. isn't willing to give the product key for my own laptop.
    has anyone else had a similar experience and can you suggest a solution? it would save me so much time if i could make my smartfiles at home!
    thanks in advance x

2. hi, just wondering if anyone can help me with this question.
    when i first started teaching i downloaded smartboard software onto my personal laptop so i could work at home. i also had a school laptop which had the safe software.
    the school i moved to last year don't provide teachers with a laptop, so if i work at home, i now use my own, (new) laptop. when i bought it, i downloaded the software but it was on a 30 day trial basis and then stopped working. this never happened before and obviously i don't want to have too pay for the licence/product code myself. my school IT dept. isn't willing to give the product key for my own laptop.
    has anyone else had a similar experience and can you suggest a solution? it would save me so much time if i could make my smartfiles at home!
    thanks in advance x

3. Alie

Alie New commenter

On the smart board in your classroom there will be a serial code (this is usually found on the side or under the pen bit) you need to follow the instructions here http://smarttech.com/gb/Product+Registration and follow the instructions. Hey presto you will have a working notebook 10 :)
    Good luck!

4. amazing, i'll try this when i get back!
    thank you so much xx