1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Smart Notebook software help

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ceh54, Feb 12, 2011.

1. A slightly long and complicated story - basically I started at a new school in September, along with a new Head so a lot of previous knowledge on the ICT front has been lost. ICT support in school is (as often the case) very basic and the last ICT co-ord retired (although by all accounts was not very knowledgable either).
    I need to install Smart Notebook onto a differnet laptop and I don't have access to a key code which still works. I know I can download a free 30 day trial but ideally would like a longer term solution so I was wondering if any kind soul might have one they would be willing to share with me?
    Thank you.

2. You should be able to install it using the serial number of any board in the school - usually written on the bottom underneath the bit where the pens are, so you dont have to take it off the wall.
    Buying a board entitles you to install it on any machine you *may* use with that board, so legally as long as you have one that you purchased officially (ie, not off ebay [​IMG]) you are not breaking any rules.
    One serial number will work for any number of computers as well, you dont need a different one each time.
    Hope that helps [​IMG]

3. Thank you, I will go and have a check tomorrow.

4. I downloaded the software from the Smart web-site because I wanted to prepare boards at home to use in class. I've never been asked for any code. All I get is a message when I start the software where I acknowledge that I don't have a board attached [I don't at home] but that I am using the software to prepare screens for use with a board registered by my employer [which I am].

KC

5. If you open up the smartnotebook on a computer you get the welcome screen first. On there you can choose to register products. It will then have the serial code written there so you can copy that.