1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Small School Big World

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lynsey22, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi all, hope you are well,
    After the half term holidays our school is beginning a topic on diversity titled 'Small School Big World', it is an NPQH project, The aim is to look at diversity in our class, ou locality, our country and then the world (quite broad I know). The problem is I teach Reception and have completely blanked on all interesting ideas. The project is supposed to run for 4 weeks ending with a whole school celebration day and my class assembly!!!!. I don't imagine I'll be able to make cross curricular links for the entire 4 weeks becasue I want to keep the chn interested and so was thinking of having it more as a PSED/KUW topic and seeing if this prompts any leads into CLLD/CD (via cultural links hopefully).
    Does anyone out there have any starting points or ideas that can help me teach such a broad topic to my class. Being Reception we look at and celebrate differences and similarities all the time and so I'm struggling to see how to make this a separate topic.
    Answers on a postcard please xxx