1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Small rural primary looking for links with inner-city school.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by GhostofCableStreet, Sep 14, 2012.

1. I'm Head of a small (109 pupil) primary school in an Oxfordshire village. There's very little ethnic or cultural diversity among the pupils and I'm looking to make links with a school in a contrasting locality.
    Are there any inner-city primaries, or ones with a rich cultural mix who would be interested in working together?

Thanks.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Very possibly...but I teach in a city school in Oxford. While matching up and creating links/working together would be great, I'm not sure if we would be enough of a contrast for you.

pm me if you are interested.

3. Hi there, I work in inner city birmingham! I'm sure our locality is very different from yours. Would it be specific years or whole school?

4. I'm at a primary school in Luton with near on 1000 pupils who would very much enjoy making links.
    I'll be interested to hear the answers to the questions in the post above.

5. Thanks for your replies, everybody, that's brilliant.

I'm looking for whole school links, but would be more than happy to start with one key stage or part of one key stage.
    Oxford is probably too close to home, TBH. Luton sounds a good option, but Birmingham sounds ideal.
    Would you be able to PM me to discuss further? Thanks.