1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

small boxes and incorrectly photocopied application forms

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ikkle_miss, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Just want to let off steam about badly prepared application forms. Not to mention any LA or Dioceses but one particular one in my area has the smallest boxes to write in and specifically says to not attach additional sheets. Then on top of that the school has photocopied the application form incorrectly and the first row of boxes is half missing off the page !!!!!!! grrrrrr it really angers me. anybody else come across this.

2. Just want to let off steam about badly prepared application forms. Not to mention any LA or Dioceses but one particular one in my area has the smallest boxes to write in and specifically says to not attach additional sheets. Then on top of that the school has photocopied the application form incorrectly and the first row of boxes is half missing off the page !!!!!!! grrrrrr it really angers me. anybody else come across this.

3. David Getling

David Getling Senior commenter

I did an earlier post on the subject of bad application forms. See "application forms that annoy the candidate".

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Our LA has an online application system. This is great except that you cannot change the font or copy/paste into some of the boxes. If you have saved data from applying for posts a couple of years ago, it doesn't let you put your then current post into the past employment box in chronological order. Unless of course you want to retype the whole entire section.

But it does solve the problem of writing in rubbish boxes from poorly copied forms.
    Can the school email you the form if you ring/email and ask?

5. iam going to visit the school tomorrow and ask for another form but i assume they will all be like that unless someone has already brought it to their attention