1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SLT small school vs large school

Discussion in 'Primary' started by JudithJudkins, Aug 16, 2011.

1. I have been at my current school (a large primary school) for a long time but I am thinking of applying for a DH job in a smaller, one form entry school. Feedback on previous applications included that I need to talk about how my experience in a large school is relevant to working in a small primary school. Any ideas???

2. I have been at my current school (a large primary school) for a long time but I am thinking of applying for a DH job in a smaller, one form entry school. Feedback on previous applications included that I need to talk about how my experience in a large school is relevant to working in a small primary school. Any ideas???

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Well, what did you say last time?

4. The feedback was on a letter of application for the same job. The governors didn't appoint last time and they have had ofsted since. As a result the job spec' has changed and so I think I will have another go (nothing to lose!)
    At my current school I have worked for three very different headteachers and have held a number of different responsibilities from subject leader for ICT, science, DT and now maths. I was also phase leader for KS1 for a year (secondment post), I am Induction Tutor for NQT's and I have led SEAL and now lead APP. I am also a teacher governor. I was told to include how my experiences to date in a large primary enables me to fulfill the role of DH in a smaller school. I have some ideas but would be grateful for other people's thoughts to see if I am on the right lines.

5. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Welcome to TES, Judith.