1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SLT Salary Expectations Thailand

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by 24hours, Oct 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 24hours

24hours New commenter

Hi,

It's early days yet but we are considering our next move in around the next two years or so. At the moment we are based in Europe but are keen to go further afield and Thailand keeps cropping up in our conversations.

I am aware that this is a 'how longs a piece of string question' but could anyone give any indications as to the salary range for a head of secondary or principal position along with the benefits you would expect for a school in that region. I have done a search of the forums but salaries I have seen tend to be quoted for teaching staff rather than leadership.

Many thanks

2. gulfgolf

gulfgolf Established commenter

The string is real. At the most established big schools you would get a very competitive package, on par with such schools anywhere. In the smaller or less established schools it could be half or a third the value, but that is still quite decent in the context of Thailand. Room for savings and travel and comfortable life.

24hours likes this.