1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SLT how much do you teach?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by applepieplease, Nov 21, 2010.

1. I'm interested to know how much your SLT teach- I think we have a very heavy teaching timetable at our school-

DHT teaches 10/25
    AHT teaches 16/25

How does that compare to you?

2. Our SLT, including myself, in a primary have a full teaching timetable at present. That is due to change soon, with each of us being given an afternoon a week for our management time.

3. I get an hour out of the classroom most weeks but not guaranteed.

4. DM

DM New commenter

Very large secondary:
    DHT 4/25
    AHT 13/25

5. Small Secondary

Single Deputy 14/50

6. Large Primary, I teach 60% of the time.

7. Thanks- seems that (in terms of secondary) the AHT is similar but the DHT is more.

Don't know how you primary SLT cope- seriously.

8. Smallish secondary - 15/30 as a Deputy

9. AHT in a primary. Full teaching timetable with 1 afternoon for SLT meeting.

10. My SLT meetings are held from 7.30 am , until school starts
    The joys of primary!

11. Largish secondary schoool - AHT 15/30

12. Med sized primary. I have a day out of class a week for SMT stuff and my ppa time. I have to plan and mark the work from this day though!

13. I am AHT in a very large primary and I get a day and a half non-contact time which is for SLT things and leading a core subject.

14. Largish secondary - AHT 11/25 (same as the other 5 AHTs!)

Our 2 deputies both do 4/25 but the Head doesn't teach at all.

15. Small primary. I have an afternoon for PPA and an afternoon for DHT work. I don't always have the two afternoons though - it depends on what is happening in school.

16. Medium secondary DHT 16/50 and AHT 25/50