1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Slow Cooker Chicken

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by JoJo37, Jan 5, 2011.

1. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi I was wondering if any of you lovely knowledgable people can help me?
    I have a slow cooker (never used) and a whole chicken. I have googled a way of cooking it in the slow cooker but it sounds a bit strange.
    Can anyone advise me of a tried and trusted method that I could leave cooking while I go to work.
    Thank you in advance.

2. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi I was wondering if any of you lovely knowledgable people can help me?
    I have a slow cooker (never used) and a whole chicken. I have googled a way of cooking it in the slow cooker but it sounds a bit strange.
    Can anyone advise me of a tried and trusted method that I could leave cooking while I go to work.
    Thank you in advance.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I would be dubious about cooking a whole chicken in a slow cooker as the chickens we buy are not really suitable for long slow cooking. Thighs or drumsticks are best or if you can get one, a boiling chicken, this would cook beautifully in a slow cooker.

4. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Oh ok thanks, I'll have to cook it the conventional way then. Tea will be a little late.