1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

?? slow cook christmas pud

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by daffodilval, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hi, may I pick your expert brains please?
    My MIL is comimg for xmas dinner and bought us a shop bought xmas pud, I don't have a microwave and will be out xmas morning so won't be able to steam it for 2hrs, is it possible to cook it in my slow cooker?
    Thanks

2. Hi, may I pick your expert brains please?
    My MIL is comimg for xmas dinner and bought us a shop bought xmas pud, I don't have a microwave and will be out xmas morning so won't be able to steam it for 2hrs, is it possible to cook it in my slow cooker?
    Thanks

3. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Cook it for hours.......literally hours..............in slow cooker and it will come to no harm. Just make sure water is topped up before you start.

4. Thanks, how many hrs and how much water? And do I leave it in it's plastic container with the lid off? Sorry to appear thick!

5. I put mine in a pyrex pudding bowl, cover with foil then pour water upto half way up the sides. I put my slow cooker on low and leave it for about 3 hours.

6. Thanks, do add boiling water?

7. I use boiling water to start it off but It depends how quickly you want it to heat up. Adding boiling water will speed up the reheating process.