1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

slimming world

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by looloo12, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I started slimming world last week and was thrilled I lost 4lb. As I only want to lose a stone and a half at the most, this has made a bigger than expected dent in it already. Can I ask others who have tried it whether the losses tend to slow down a bit after the first week? I'm not going to the classes, I am just following it from the book I have borrowed from my colleague. The other issue I have is bloating and well, terrible wind frankly! Does this ease a bit when the body gets used to eating so much fruit? I have gone a bit mad on the fruit which is probably good, healthwise, but it has left me a bit uncomfortable of an evening :) Oh, and has anybody got any good SW recipes to share? Thanks!

2. I started slimming world last week and was thrilled I lost 4lb. As I only want to lose a stone and a half at the most, this has made a bigger than expected dent in it already. Can I ask others who have tried it whether the losses tend to slow down a bit after the first week? I'm not going to the classes, I am just following it from the book I have borrowed from my colleague. The other issue I have is bloating and well, terrible wind frankly! Does this ease a bit when the body gets used to eating so much fruit? I have gone a bit mad on the fruit which is probably good, healthwise, but it has left me a bit uncomfortable of an evening :) Oh, and has anybody got any good SW recipes to share? Thanks!

3. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

The rate of loss slows down. A neighbour of mine has slowly lost 4 stones with SW.
    Eat a wide range of the free and superfree foods to avoid windy consequences.
    Have a look at the slimming world website for recipes, or buy their magazine: there are recipes inside. Good luck!

4. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

When I did slimming world I lost 2lbs most weeks, some weeks 1lb and the odd week I lost 3lb. I could only lose well on the red plan though. Green and extra easy I struggled to lose weight.
    It's a great diet though. A really good website to visit is minimins. There is a whole slimming world forum and people post different recipes and discuss the diet.

5. Yes, I'm avoiding any extra easy days at the moment because I just can't see me losing any weight at all on those days. I will check out the magazine and minimins - thank you!