1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Slimming World not working!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by pinkflipflop, May 9, 2011.

1. Have you been following the plan really carefully, planning out your week properly and sticking rigidly to it?

2. yup seriously! counted everything, syns etc!

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Slimming World didn't work for me.
    I played the system too much, ate too much free food, and then had a cheese and pickle toasted sandwich for supper!

4. Not everything works for everyone. If WW worked for you before, why not give it another go?

5. think I will have to Lily!! I had just heard so muchabout SW and there's so much freedom with it! I must check out WWs new plan though!

6. Fruit is free, booze is up, carbs are up.

7. ouch! whats new!!!

8. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Some of us over on the Health and Wellbeing forum are trying the Paul McKenna method. You are welcome to join us if you think it might be something that will work for you. Look for the thread if you fancying joining in.

Eva x x x

9. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Duh! Thought was on personal. Some of us on THIS forum are doing PM too.

10. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

SW didn't do much for me either unless 9lb in 9 months is considered a success and I was doing it religiously. I noticed how everybody else who was losing talked about giving up sweets, cakes, choc, crisps etc but I hardly ate them anyway so didnt have anything to cut out.

11. Thanks for replies. I think I will continue for another week and see how it goes! I just liked it because I was eating so healthily on it! glad to hear I'm not the only one!

12. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

I had a similar problem with WW a few years ago. The first time I went was quite successful and I lost two stone over a reasonable period of time. Then the weight started to creep back on despite my diet not changing. I returned to WW and started to put weight on at an alarming rate! So I stopped going after about a month, went back to my normal healthy eating regime and the weight I'd put on at WW came off, as well as some more!