1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

slimming world lunches

Discussion in 'Personal' started by slippeddisc, Jun 30, 2011.

1. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

I started slimming world about a month ago and am getting bored with the lunches I have. Does anyone have any old slimming world favourites that they normally have for lunch?
    At the weekend I tend to have bacon and eggs because it's syn free.
    In the week I tend to have salads.
    I am getting very bored with the same stuff. I prefer syn free lunches as I like saving my syns for a chocolate night time treat! Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Hi there,
    I often make more of my evening meal and eat that the day after for lunch. I like things like pasta or rice salad to make it a bit more filling than just veg based salad. Or you could try making slimming world quiche, a bit like a spanish tortilla made with beaten eggs, cottage cheese and your choice of veg. Have you got a facebook account? If you search for slimming world you'll find a group with lots of members who like to share ideas. They post pictures of their food and I find that inspirational.
    Hope this helps and good luck!
    Becky

3. At the weekend I batch cook lamb casserole, chicken curry and canneloni and freeze it all in little tubs. For the days when I can't be bothered I just grab one and microwave at work.
    At the moment I am hooked on sandwich thins (don't eat chocolate) so I use these for my syns at lunch. Or I will have scambled eggs and mushroom or yogurt and fruit for breakfast and then use my b choice for a sandwich.

4. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Thanks.
    Maybe I need to start doing this a bit more. I don't tend to get bored with sandwiches.

5. I have tins of spaghetti in my desk drawer to microwave in the staff room, if I can't think of anything else.

6. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Me and the other half have just had our evening meal of Meat and Potato Pie - a Slimming World recipe. Have to say, it was deeeeeelicious!
    Keep straying though, but I have to try and get my size 14 body into my size 10 clothes in time for our hols[​IMG]
    One thing it has done, though - Ireally enjoy cooking the meals - time consuming I know, but worth it.

x

7. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I bought an Aladdin Bento box (like a thermos but for food), was going to use it for supply but never got any... Might be worth a look though for leftovers or something different that needs keeping warm? x

8. karentee

karentee New commenter

I also try to make a little extra of an evening and have that heated up for lunch, or I make a pasta bake or pasta salad, I try to make it quite hearty to keep me going until dinner time and keep the need to 'pick' at bay. Have you tried the slimming world website? there are lots of great recipes and tips on there. I must admit that I found lunches the hardest when I first started slimming world.