1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Slimming World for TESers :-)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Hellvixen, Jul 28, 2005.

1. No, EE just doesn't cut it! I do get the SW magazine, I subscribe online because I just can't get to the meetings that are near me. I also have many SW books. WHich tend to sit on a shelf. I should plan a week in advance but...well...I am too lazy. I decide on the day! Which is a bit of a downfall and probably why I eat the same things over and over. After a day at work I can't be bothered to think of something different.

I do take leftovers from the day before to work, but it has to be something that tastes ok cold. My office is a bit away from the staffroom, which has a microwave, and we don't get long enough at lunch for me to get there and back and eat. I could think about taking something that I can reheat on the days where I am on PPA before lunch...

Weighed myself today, not lost any weight for 2 weeks now. other half says it's because I am doing 4 exercise classes a week so am building muscle. I'm not so convinced!

How is everyone else's week goin or gone?

2. I'm having a pants week! I've been so tired and had awful headaches and so SW just hasn't been a priority and I "needed" chocolate so had to have some. Anyway feel a bit more motivated (though couldn't get to my WI this week so think this has somehtign to do with my slump) and been making SW quiche which is lovely.
    I tend to stick to red days as I have an intollerance to pasta and bread so green days are a bit limiting for me.
    SW quiche can be suitbale for red or green but basically 1 tub of quark and 4 eggs mixed together with salt n pepper. Then add anything you would to a normal quiche I add cooked mushrooms, leeks, bacon and chive. The mixture can be poured into a "frylighted" dish and then baked in the oven or I spray a muffin tray with fry light then line the "patties" with thin ham (instead of a pastry case) and then pour in the egg and quark mixture. Bake for as long as it takes for a knife to go into the quiche and come out clean and they are done. Really really yummy and dead easy.
    These are lovely hot or cold and served with a salad.

3. Ooooo I have been looking at this recipe for some time, I really think I will have to make it! Would go well with a jacket potato for dinner tonight. Has anyone done the 'pasta quiche'? I am intrigued but it sounds wrong!

4. I have seen people put savoury rice (cooked) into the quiche and it looks nice - a bit too carb heavy for me though but it does look tasty.

5. That sounds good. Think that is tonights dinner sorted! I forgot to say, sorry that you are having a rubbish week :( Sometimes we just need chocolate though. Those Cadbury Freddos are only 5 syns but there isn't much chocolate to them really! I've just had some naughty food at break time which has made me feel quite guilty.

6. I have made the 'pasta quiche'
    Make up the past n sauce pkt as normal, (using water not milk)
    When cooked, pour into a smaall shallow dish, mix with one egg and bake in the oven till sett.
    I often take a slice to work and have it cold with a salad,
    My fave is the cheese and broccoli one.

7. Oh, this damned Bailies, guesse its Friday again...[​IMG]

8. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi daffidilval is that pasta and sauce mix off the supermarket shelf? Are you really allowed that?
    How do you make the broccoli and quiche one?
    Does everyone find ee doesn't work then?
    I'll have to look up how to do green.
    Week is going well, worried about Sunday we are going for a curry with friends. I have my weigh in on a Monday. Why did I do Monday? How do I resist all the lovely wine and food? Six sins for one measly glass [​IMG]

9. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hope you enjoyed daffodilval.

10. impis

impis New commenter

2.5 lbs lost this week. I'm delighted - just 2lbs off 2 stone altogether.

Off for a meal out, tonight and checked out the Toby carvery site.
    They [helpfully ] list the nutritional value of their foods. It is FRIGHTENING how many calories there are in there.
    Take a look:
    http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/nutrition-table.html
    I'm surprised at how high bangers and mash are.

11. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi impis 2.5 lbs is great!
    Almost 2 stone even better.
    I'm just a beginner, lost 8lbs so far, weigh in tomorrow, but I'm out tonight for a curry, help.

12. Yay well done Impis!
    Jojo have you had a look on line for what to eat in an Indian restaurant?
    I think Tandoori chicken is quite good and lots of salad with a bit of the raita sauce doesn't do too much damage though obviously not a lot of rice or nan bread if having a red day. If you are having a green day maybe a veggie curry and some dahl?
    I think chinese and indian food are ther hardest ones to have when you go out for a meal. I think it might just be worth forgetting SW for the night and then back on tomorrow.
    I have just struggled so much over the last couple of days but I'm off to the supermarket today so stocking up on ss foods and plenty of mullers! I need to get my head back in check - it doesn't help when I'm in work and people bring in boxes of biuscuits and cakes and chocolate!

13. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Thanks impis, I don't know where to look online for eating in an Indian restaurant.
    Does anyone know how many syns in a popudom?

14. On the slimming world site there you can find out how many syns there are in some Indian meals. Try features, or syns online and type in Indian Restaurant popadom. The problem is that it is limited to 4 pages so it doesn't always list what you are looking for. Usually, the less creamy sauce the better (which counts out korma and tikka masala...boo!) Personally I would go vegetarian and have a vegetable jalfrazi or balti or something like that, because I would rather have rice than meat. I quite often make curry at home, using the Pataks jars of sauce...I often use the syns online page to look up what jars of sauce are! Uncle Ben's sweet and sour light is pretty good and tastes nice too. Gone off on a bit of a tangent there...!

So...yes...vegetarian, no creamy sauce, boiled rice. If you can look it all up beforehand then you can use flexisyns and set yourself a limit, gives you a small level of control over what you eat, then tomorrow be syn free all day. That's how I work it.

On the other hand...you are going out to have a nice evening. Don't spend all the time worrying over what you are eating!

Have a lovely time :)

15. impis

impis New commenter

Eat a syn free snack before you go out [so that you are less hungry, and therefore less inclined to have a starter or a sweet].
    Eat very slowly - much more than usual - and relish each mouthful. Put the knife and fork down in between mouthfuls. Start with the lower syn stuff first - vegetables or boiled rice, perhaps, leaving the high syn part [meat, et] to enjoy last. As soon as you feel full, stop eating and leave what's left.
    Eating this way will ensure that you don't eat too many 'sins'.

16. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Thanks for all the tips guys.
    Well I've my weigh in this morning and lost 3lbs this week, yay!1
    Lost 11lbs in total.

17. Well done JoJo [​IMG]

18. Hi
    we had the indian meal discussion at sw class last week. poppadoms are approx 4 syns each. my weigh in tonight, up to now have lost just over 3 1/2 st in 17 months.

19. impis

impis New commenter

20. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Well done mollyjack.