1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Slimming World for TESers :-)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Hellvixen, Jul 28, 2005.

1. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Yes tomorrow, but a couple of pounds if I'm lucky this time, been sticking at it and been to the gym a couple of times, but my curves just love me lol.

2. Good luck tomorrow Jojo and well done Dafodil on surving the dreaded O! The Baileys won't have done that much damage I'm sure.
    I had a saturday from hell yesterday with what I have eaten. Started well with a salad and no dressing but then the afternoon tea with loads of little cakes, cream and icecream was followed by a bbq, lots of alcohol and then a party and lots of Indian party food! On the plus side I did dance quite a bit at the party so must have burned off one samosa!
    Back onto plan today - though I am off out for lunch but aiming for salad and no dressing!
    Have a good sunday all.
    JRTxxx

3. We all can 'pig' out once in a while, otherwise we'll just fail' at the plan. As long as we get straight back on track after, its ok.
    When i am out and have a salad, i tend to sprinkle vinegar on it, after all, most salad dressing are vinegar based.
    Enjoy your lunch JR x

4. I wouldn't worry about the pig out. My friend goes for an eat all you can chinese every other friday and still managed to go from a 16 to an 8 and maintains it!

5. She must make pretty heathly choices then, probably doesn't realize it.

6. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi everyone I had my wi today, only lost 1lb but it wasn't too surprising after yesterday's barbecue and drinks with the neighbours.
    How's everyone else doing?

7. Jojo a pound off is better than a pound on! Well done - some weeks it slows down and then other weeks you lose loads - often when you have done exactly the same. Keep going, I bet you'll lose more next week!

8. Well done JoJo, its a pound nearer your 1st stone.
    Not sure I want to share my results with you all..
    I AM LIVID...[​IMG]
    I gained 2lbs..and i haven't got a scoobydo why?
    Apart from a few Bailies last friday (post Ofsted) I have been on plan 100% for at least the last 10 days, my syns have never even gone past 5 per day..
    Well thats the EE finished for me, I'm going back to my tried, tested and successful red and green days from tomorrow.
    I am sooo disappointed, i can't even begin to explain....[​IMG]

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

dont get upset.i used to do that on WW.....its just one of those bariers that happens, even though you have been faithful.Just keep going on and if you stiill gain then see if you have changed your exercise, or are worry intc......unfortunately mine stuck and i gave up in despair and since then i piled it one and it wont go away!

10. Thankyou Oldsomeman.
    I'll try not despair oo much, its just that I know SW like the back of my hand and know it works (lost 4.5 stones in the past on SW)
    I fpllowed everything to the tee this last week or so, I really don't know whats happened.
    I have had some worry at work, forthcoming redundancies etc, maybe thats why!!
    Who knows??

11. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Thank you.

12. I wouldn't really call stuffing your face with everything deep fried a healthy choice!

13. Daffodilval - I can't doe EE days, they just don't work for me. I stick to the red and green days (well more green since I don't eat most types of meat!).

I've gone back on the plan after losing 1.5 stone on it a couple of years ago. Have since moved in with my boyfriend and put it all back on, plus more. I'm trying to stick to it and be good with my syns, my other half is on the plan too. I am slowly losing weight but it is a long process. I'm now going to exercise classes at the local gym to help with it all. Weekends are my downfall. I just can't help but think about chinese food and all those things that, yes I can eat, but if I want to stay within my syns I really shouldn't! Same goes for alcohol. I'm not a big drinker by any means but once I have one glass of wine I will happily keep going!

I do find myself eating a lot of the same meals, pasta and veg and some kind of tomato sauce usually made from passata and tinned tomatoes. Boring I agree, after the third time in a week! I just can't be bothered to make anything more time consuming, and I like to have something that there will be enough of for my lunch the next day. Does anyone have any tips??

14. Adularia-so, its not only me that EE doesn't work for? good to know I am not alone....
    Do you have any of the Green recipe books? I must admit, i make all my meals from a recipe..I have even bought SW mags of Ebay..I now have piles of them..
    I plan a week in advance, from my books, buy just what i need, end up with a lovely mealmade from scratch, on the table, by the lastest at 6.30
    Tip...this works a treat for me...what ever i am cokking for the evening meal, i always put some up to take to work the following day for lunch and throw it in the microwave..SW chips and peas warm up nicely. Today I took leftover from last nights curry..it takes the mither (sp) of thinking what to take to work with me...cous cous with added veg is also a quick lunch to make..
    stews, chicken tandoori etc are all good for the microwave...
    Up and onwards..we can do this.. [​IMG]

15. Forgot the mention the very easy, cheap and quick corriander and carrot soup..i make gallons of it and freeze it..

16. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Could you give us the recipe please?

17. Hi JoJo
    <u>Corrinader soup</u> (couldn't be simpler)
    packet of carrots, chopped
    bunch of carriander, chopped
    litre of hot chicken or veg stock
    season with salt and pepper

Boil everything and simmer til carrots are soft, whisk in a blender or with a hand blender.
    and ENJOY.
    (It freezes really well) and syn free on EE, green or red days

18. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Sounds great I think I'll make some and freeze at the weekend.
    How are you doing?

19. Well I was feeling vey dispondant with my gain this week, but nevertheless, I have stuck to it 100 % since.
    Although I feel like celebrating with the odd glass of bailies cos we have broke up for the long weekend, i declined..
    BUT, OH and I are going away for a couple of days, and when i am paying for the food in a hotel, i really resent ordering just cereal for brekkyl!!!
    Fingers crossed i manage ok til mondays weigh in..lol
    How is it going with you JoJo? (and anybody else)