1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Slimming World for TESers :-)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Hellvixen, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Ahhh. I must investigate this [​IMG]
    I was very naughty tonight and had a bacon pudding.
    Will console myself later with some homemade chips.

2. bacon pudding? never heard of it, spill please[​IMG]

3. It's a nice simple traveller dish...but with at least 34 syns in it, it certainly isn't SW friendly!
    Suet, flower, bacon and onion...yum. Traditional way, boiled in a teatowel over a fire. Mums way, shoved in the oven so the outside goes crispy!

4. Sounds lovely, I'm sure its worth the 34 syns...

5. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi daffodilval, sounds like you're doing well, did the baileys go down well?

6. Hi JoJo
    Well, yes, surprise, surprise, the Bailies won and I did have a glass or 2, tut, tut, naughty girl, but hey, I'm human..
    I go to weigh-in at 5pm to night, so I'll let you know what awful damage that flaming dink did..lol
    Wish me luck. [​IMG]
    How are you doing?

7. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Good luck for the weigh in.
    I'm joining online and am starting tomorrow. I've just been away with oh for the weekend, didn't think it was a good time to start, I know when you're on it you have to go with weekends away etc but didn't seem the best time to start.
    Need to have a look at what I can eat and go shopping etc.

8. On-line support is great, I record my progress on the graph there, and get tons of recipes, the best part is though, you can check the syn content of food with their syns calculator.
    I also get the monthly mags, use them to plan my weeks meals and only buy whats on my list, saves you a fortune once you have the main store cupboard things in..

9. I'm looking foward to my Irish beef and guiness casserole when i get back from fat club..lol
    (smells delicious in the oven)

10. Ooh DV that sounds nice - I've got pork chops (all fat and skin removed [​IMG]) in a barbecuey style sauce for dinner with some stir fried veg. I'm looking forward to it actually. Let us know how you get on at WI tonight. I've got mine tomorrow and not looking forward to it although I have been good except for a few Baileys myself this week!
    JRTxx

11. Ha! another fellow Bailies fan....so! I am not alone..wish they did a low cal one. [​IMG]

Yor dinner also sounds yummy JRT

12. Humphhh.....1 measley pound off, still, its going in the right direction[​IMG]

13. Better than a pound on!
    I'm not looking forward to mine tomorrow. I have been good most of the time but the odd (very large) glass of Baileys and the odd avocado may have done some damage!

14. Hopefully you haven't done much damage JRT.Good luck and let us kow how you did x

15. Hi guys, after tuesday night weigh in I have lost a pound and a half. It's OK but that day I went into school and someone was passing some fancy japanese crackers around, I ate a few thinking there couldn't be too many syns in them but when I ckecked later....OMG! So after WI I came home and troughed my body weight in chocolate! I haven't eaten chocolate for 3 weeks and initally it tasted great but then it all felt "claggy" in my mouth and didn't taste that great at all! It appears I have lost the taste for chocolate!
    Anyway after that blow out on tuesday night I was really good yesterday and I'm back on track so think I probably needed to do that. So onwards and upwards eh?
    JRT x

16. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Well done on the 1 1/2 lbs JRT.
    Well I've joined online, been shopping for (hopefully) the right stuff and am trying to get my head around it.
    Going to cook chilli and pasta tonight. Just a quick question, how to do you soften your onions without using too much oil. I find frylight just isn't enough to really brown the onions properly, wondered if anyone had any tips?
    BTW I'd love to lose my taste for chocolate, here's hoping.

17. Well done on the weight loss JRT, just think of it as a packet of lard!!
    Jojo...You can use as much of the frylight as you like, but don't have the onions on too high or the frylight just burns..
    I never use oil, suppose I'm used to it now, but remember there are 2 syns in every tsp of oil and a huge 6 syns in a tbls...I would prefer to use my syns on other things
    ( oh, and give the frylight a good shake first as it seperates )
    Any other question, please fell free to ask.....good luck, you'll soon get used to it

18. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Thanks daffodilval for the advice.I'll give it a go.
    How long you been on the plan?

19. This time, only 1 month, but i did do it successfully and lost 4.5 stones a couple of years ago. (and recently gained 2 stones, cos I got back into bad eating habits)
    Thats why its not a diet as such, just a complete change of healthy eating habits, thats for life x

20. Wow DV that's a real achievement - the loss not the gain I mean!You've lost it once and so you know you can do it again.
    Jo Jo I would follow DV's advice but also if the onions start to burn I would add a bit of wate to your pan. I found the butter fry light was rubbish and I ruined a frying pan but the ordinary oil, olive oil and wok oils were all good.