1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Slimming World for TESers :-)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Hellvixen, Jul 28, 2005.

1. impis

impis New commenter

Well, i'm doing a bit better this year. Having been an attending member of SW for the last 18 months, by Xmas I was heavier than when I started. Where was my mojo, motivation and determination??!!!!
    Drastic action required.
    I went to the doc, and have an appointment with a dietician the week after next.
    I bought Paul McKenna's book 'I can make you thin' - have read it cover to cover, and listen regularly to the cd,
    I still go to SW - but made them start me again . [so I can earn the stickers back]
    So far so good. In the last 6 weeks, I have lost 13 lbs. I've lost at least 1.5lb per week, even over half term. [previously unheard of!]
    I haven't, however, noticed what the password was for this week. Sorry.

2. I have re-joined SW, anyone else continuing with this thread? I really need support here folks.[​IMG]

3. red days green days don't know me **** from me elbow days....if only any of it worked

4. Red and green days are old hat now..its Extra Easy plan now and you can mix carbs and proteins..I have just had Moroccan lamb and couscous for dinner..

5. Its a new plan called EXTRA EASY, where you can mix carbs and protein on the same plate..much easier..

6. I lose more when I do red than green or EE. Having said that I lose more when I actually follow the diet and don't just trough what I like! [​IMG]

7. Lol JRT!
    I did not understand SW at all but I undestand it is very healthy if you do happen to understand it!

8. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

I was going to rejoin online, anyone else out there doing it?

9. Ok for people like me (the clue is in the user name) what is the magic plan? I know I can look on the SW website but I don't even understand that!

10. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Well I think I have to learn it all again, things have changed.
    When I used to go you could have homemade chips and egg, yummy!

11. In a nut shell you eat 2 lots of healthy carbs and 2 lots of healthy culciums a day. Then you eat loads of free foods. Fruit and Veg are free (usually) as are eggs. On top of this you decide if you are having a red (protein) or green (carb) day. If you are having a red day you can eat as much lean protein as you like but not too much carbs although you can have 2 healthy ones anyway. If you have a green day you eat as many carbs as you like- cooked without fat - and limited lean protein.
    I'm not too familiar with Extra easy but think it's 1 healthy carb and 1 healthy calcium and then all your free foods and proteins and other carbs also become free but you have to be careful to eat low fat.
    Oh and you can have up to 15 syns a day too which are things such as processed foods like ketchup or rice pudding.

It sounds very difficult but once you are doing it it is quite easy. Just loads of home cooking and no processed foods though.

12. If nothing else, its taught me to cook everything from scratch, at least I know what goes into my food..
    I do find the EE quite hard to beleive, as I am old school red and green, only lost half a pound this week, probably due to the large amounts os Bailies I drank!

13. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Do people lose weight on EE?

14. Its supposed to be very successful, I only re-joined last week and have lost 3 lb on the EE plan, but I could have lost more if i had stuck to it properly..

15. Loving this new EE plan, I had jacket potato , tuna and sweetcorn for lunch and a massive chilli con carne and rice for dinner, diet? what diet?..hehehe

16. I have done EE for ages now and rarely actually plan a red or green day. I am losing weight, and would probably lose even more if it wasn't for a our once a week takeaway night!
    Who said you can't have homemade egg and chips any more? I have it all the time.

17. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Sounds good to me :)
    I'm going to join online as I don't have time to go to meetings, hopefully will get some support on here and be able to give some support.
    Well done on the weight loss daffodilval, have you much to lose?

18. JoJo37

JoJo37 New commenter

Hi PFF I didn't say you couldn't have homemade egg and chips, used to love it.Hope you can still have it.
    I'm interested to see how this EE works. Really need to lose some weight. Now where did I put my willpower?

19. Sorry, the way your post read about things changing sounded like you couldn't have egg and chips any more!
    EE is nice and simple. Makes it easy for those days you want burgers and chips, or spag bol, or curry and rice!

20. Thanks JoJo.
    When i joined 2 years ago, I lost 4.5 stones and got to target, I maintained it for a while, but let things slip recently and gained 2.5 stones, so that how much I need to lose now. But whether its a little or a lot, its still a great achievement to lose
    .It totally re-educates you into sensible eating whilst still allowing treats...alcohol, chocs, crisps take a ways, etc
    The best thing for me, is that I learned to cook properly, everything from scratch, and I know exactly what goes into my food.
    Even working full time, I cook from scratch and still still down to a delicious meal by 6.30pm. OH and son also enjoys the meals, so much that son is on the verge of leaving home right now and wants me to write down all the recipes for him..[​IMG]
    Online SW is great and offers brilliant advice, weigh-ins and wonderful, easy recipes..
    Good luck and I'm here if you need help/support x