1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Slightly confused about PGCE Presentation

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by dellybean, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Would love if someone could help me out!
    I am attending my PGCE interview for RE soon and although I know I must prepare a presentation on an area of religion that interests me, I do not know how to pitch it! Do I present as if teaching on key stage 3 or 4 level, or do I present at a higher academic level as if presenting to the actual interviewers?
    I am just not sure if they are looking for my academic ability or my ability to teach academics to young people? I do not know whether to be fun & interactive or verge more on the academic side of things....
    Would appreciate any help.

2. Would love if someone could help me out!
    I am attending my PGCE interview for RE soon and although I know I must prepare a presentation on an area of religion that interests me, I do not know how to pitch it! Do I present as if teaching on key stage 3 or 4 level, or do I present at a higher academic level as if presenting to the actual interviewers?
    I am just not sure if they are looking for my academic ability or my ability to teach academics to young people? I do not know whether to be fun & interactive or verge more on the academic side of things....
    Would appreciate any help.

3. At mine we were given the option in advance - a presentation on a religious artefact either pitched at a) at KS3 class or b) explaining how you could incorporate that artefact into a lesson.

I would choose either and explain your choice to the interviewers before you begin. Good luck!