1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SLE

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rl3384, Nov 28, 2019.

1. rl3384

rl3384 New commenter

Hi everyone

My head has suggested that I apply to be an SLE and I would like opinions on whether or not this is something worth considering. I understand the pay is exceptionally minimal, and whilst this isn't the basis of my decision whether or not to apply, it's certainly some kind of factor...

Basically, does it look good on a CV? If I were to apply for a SLT position in the future, would it be of any benefit to me?

Or are there any SLEs out there who can give me their honest opinion!

Thanks
    R

2. DFC

DFC New commenter

Most SLE’s don’t get extra pay for the role but it is good form your cv and often allows for cross school working. Some LEAs pay your school when you do work for the LEA relating to your subject area.

In an academy, you will probably get the opportunity to work in other schools where your expertise is needed which is good for your cv too.

3. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

It's good experience and it looks good but it's a lot of work for no extra pay. Totally depends on how much energy you have and how you want your career to progress.
    It does look good for the school having SLEs on the staff as it looks like they've developed practitioners to become role models for others.