1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Skype interview Sevilla

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by rosamondharte, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Thanks to you both for your replies. fleetingsound- can't see the reviews on that site, could you possibly email me to tell me what the reputation is? thank you so much for your help and advice!

2. Be careful in Spain, many schools are career killers there! Also the pay is often less than terrible.
    All my job interviews this year have been done by skype/telephone. Some of these were with European schools with an excellent reputation. In the end I had a few jobs to choose from. Just because they want a telephone/skpe interview does not mean the school is bad. I've had a telephone interview that lasted near on 2 hrs and was much more worthwhile than face-to-face interviews I had in the past. In the end, it's up to them to ask the right questions and that can be done by phone if they are skilled enough at interviewing.

3. Hi,
    Sorry to barge in on this conversation, but I'm also looking at the school in Spain. For the the international schools review website, if you pay do you see more schools? I haven't paid, and can't see the schools I'm interested in on the list.
    Thanks!
    Eric

4. the school?
    I meant schools, sorry!

5. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

If you pay, you get to see everything.

A lesson in life there?

6. Sure, definitely a lesson in life.
    I get that you will see reviews for all the schools on the list, but do schools suddenly appear on the list when you pay. E.g. I can't see any schools in Seville on the list. If you pay, can you?

7. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

There are 10 schools in Spain with reviews, lots of info about 3 of them

8. Thanks. I can see 11 schools in Spain listed, none of which are the schools I am interested in, so I guess it's not worth me paying for the time being.

9. Well, I think that school is on the list, so it might be worth you paying to see the review?

10. I know this is an old post, but I'm also looking at that school and would really appreciate a PM if anyone has any useful info to share.