1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skype interview advice

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by robbie8276, Mar 19, 2020.

1. robbie8276

robbie8276 New commenter

I've been offered a Skype interview but the info for the teaching task is "You will be required to prepare a peer teaching task, lasting a maximum of 5 minutes. Instead of ‘teaching’ this to others as part of the interview, your interviewer will ask you to explain how you would have approached this task. The peer teaching task should be centred around teaching a new skill or piece of knowledge and understanding". Anyone else had to do this? Any advice. Thanks

NoahHarvey likes this.
  2. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

Yes, we are all doing Skype interviews. Five minute teaching?

Question to check pre existing knowledge or misconceptions
    Teach key skill of knowledge using some modelling
    Check that they have learned what they should have learned using some form of assessment. 5 mins? Multiple choice. The research is quite strong.

NoahHarvey likes this.
  3. NoahHarvey

NoahHarvey New commenter

Teach key skill of knowledge using some modelling - and thats all

4. jeanmassieu

jeanmassieu New commenter

I was only offered a 1 to 1 interview. I would have loved to face a proper interview day with its schedule, as I was relishing the challenge.

I also applied for a SCITT placement but is now permanently postponed due to school closures.

Best of luck with your interview, Robbie.