1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skype in the Classroom

Discussion in 'Education news' started by mathsmutt, Oct 12, 2017.

1. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter Forum guide and community helper

2. mathsmutt

3. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

From the Twitter feeds it looks as though loads of teachers, museums and organisations will be doing some fun stuff with this. Looks good. :)

mathsmutt likes this.
  4. mathsmutt

5. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

I already use skype for class visits worldwide. I am a children's poet whose work goes out from my five internet websites and books into 188 countries of the world. I add voice recordings to many of my poems and this especially helps students for whom English is a second language, but I hope it also helps English speaking children to perform poetry much better than I've seen it done in the past. I will return to look at your Skype-a-Thon tomorrow. It looks good.

mathsmutt likes this.
  6. mathsmutt

7. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

No, I'm not. I have my own 5 websites, which I've struggled over the years to make and illustrate myself, as well as writing 1,350 poems for children. I skype into classrooms from there. Please do contact me and explain the links. I'm off to bed now but will go to these links tomorrow, and I'd love to hear from you. I love meeting the children who are using my poems in their classrooms and have made friends with many of the teachers too. It's so lovely to be back in a classroom where I feel at home.

mathsmutt likes this.