1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

skydiving

Discussion in 'Personal' started by andromache, Apr 22, 2012.

1. andromache

andromache New commenter

my 18-year-old daughter jumped out of a plane yesterday to raise money for Project Trust. she is going to spend a year in Africa working with disabled children before coming back here to go to medical school. i'm glad to report she landed safely with no breakages, bruises or scratches! but (sorry) i am asking you for money, as she needs to raise over £5000 for her training, travel etc -if anyone can spare a fiver or a tenner would you pm me? thank you xx

2. andromache

andromache New commenter

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Without disrespect, andromache, if I had a fiver or a tenner to spare I'd be putting it toward my own daughter's career. She's keen to leave her dead end job and study to be a councellor. It might not be as glamorous as a skydiving medical student curing Africa of disability, but if she can save enough to do the course, she'll probably have just as great an impact on other people's lives as your kid will.
    Sorry.