1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sky Ride

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Kinsa, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Did anyone else do it? Had a lovely time in Southampton: perfect weather and good to see people of all shapes and ages taking part, especially families having fun together. We saw a Penny Farthing, and tandems and unicycles. It was a nice way to see the city walls and to cycle along the docks was great. Going to try a different city next year. Any suggestions?

2. Did anyone else do it? Had a lovely time in Southampton: perfect weather and good to see people of all shapes and ages taking part, especially families having fun together. We saw a Penny Farthing, and tandems and unicycles. It was a nice way to see the city walls and to cycle along the docks was great. Going to try a different city next year. Any suggestions?

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

never heard of sky rides.i thought you meant you went up in the sky doh
    mind you never been on a push bike for years,,,,,,wonder if wheels can support my weight?
    somewhere is a bike under covers in my back garden...of dam i forgot.i have to go out for a meal at dinner time lol

4. Ha ha! That was me last year - didn't twig what it was until it had taken place!! (I think the bikes on the posters should have given me a clue!) Give it a go next year - the Southampton route was really flat and the pace easy.

5. Doolittle

Doolittle New commenter

Thank you - I've never heard of this before but I just had a look at the website and signed up for the Central London one.
    Quite excited now!

6. Oh, good, Doolittle - I'm sure you will enjoy it. 14,000 people took part in the Southampton one! I'm guessing there will be even more in Central London. You get a free fluorescent tabard too!

7. the apprentice

the apprentice New commenter

Just got back in from the Hull Sky Ride event and it was really good. The sun shone which helps, but everyone (all shapes and sizes) was up for a fun day!! Really well organised and a turn out of five and a half thousand people...recommended!!