1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sky? Not working :(

Discussion in 'Personal' started by perky_panda, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Hi, It did snow overnight but haven't had any since. At lunch the Sky wasn't working but I could watch from my recorded shows, now it isn't even showing the planner or anything. Tried unplugging, taking card out etc and still no luck. Anyone else? so annoying as it is due to record at least 2 programmes tonight and now I won't have anything to watch :(

2. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

The snow's probably frozen on the dish. You could try ringing them up but you can probably forget viewing until it thaws.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

View online / use iPlayer.
    Is your dish clear?

4. It's never been a problem before, even last year when we had really thick snow for over 3 days. Odd. Very annoying.

5. Is your dish clear? Is the wee plug that goes into the centre of it still plugged in?

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

7. Thanks - one of the programmes is repeated later in week so thats ok. Annoying that nothing at all is working, not even the recorded stuff as that is in the memory of the box anyway so should work. Oh well mainstream TV it is tonight, will have to get used to not being able to pause to go to the loo though lol

8. Do what I did and it will work. Lean out of your bedroom window with a broom and knock the snow off the bit in front of the dish. You could give the dish a little brush too. I do it every time it snows and it always works! I am assuming that your dish can be reached easily.

9. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

If you have SKY phoneline then dial 151 and report the problem - they usually fix it very quickly.

10. rotten luck for you - but snow often does knock a dish out - first thing master p did this morning wasto check ours was working