1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skin tight trousers on teachers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Apr 10, 2012.

1. I wanted other peoples' views on this . Similarly strange pointy shoes and unbuttoned shirts revealing a chest wig.

2. Seen them often... the trousers that is! Wouldn't do it myself. Don't approve in a school environment - but SMT don't seem to care in my experience.

Maybe I'm wrong?

3. fishandchips

fishandchips New commenter

Eeeeew no! Is this a new style direction you're thinking of? Don't do it. Chest wig sounds nice though, you should definitely start that trend in the staff room

4. I'll thank you to keep my chest out of this fishy.

5. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Pointy shoes on men is one of my pet hates. Wrong, wrong, wrong [​IMG]
    Mr BS was very pleased with his purchase of a pair of cowboy boots. I was so relieved when they turned out to be really uncomfortable and ended up living in the back of the wardrobe.
    Come to think of it I don't like pointy shoes on women that much either. Feet aren't pointy so why do shoes need to be?
    I have seen the tight trousers. They just make me hope for an amusing accident [​IMG]. I haven't experienced the chest wig thing though and I don't want to.

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Depends on the tight trousers.......when the wearer bends over it does tend to reveal any lumps bumps and knicker lines.......and how as a child you might resist stroking them..I have to [​IMG]
    Watching skin tight trousers from behind is quite amusing out on the street.....especailly as often they are worn by overweight large butt ladies............my knickname for such walks behind such ladieswith these on is elephant b ums.The sort of go up and down as a lump!
    Now on a sexy young lady is somthing differemnt!

7. actually olds my question was for males as the subject of short skirts has been raised (ha ha)

Btw I have never ever felt tempted to stroke a knicker line.

8. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Skinny jeans should have an age limit on their sale (25), regardless of the career of the wearer.
    Nothing more tragic than a somone in their thirties trying to dress like someone in their twenties. Yet it happens. A LOT.
    There's a reason why the clothes in H&M stop fitting you the instant you hit 30.
    And the skinny jean with the pointy shoe or sockless brogue look is strictly for wankers. Add a WW2 haircut, a checked shirt, an ironic tattoo and you have the strutting cretin currently making a pest of himself in cities all over the country.
    Funny, if a little sweary:
    http://yepwecan.co.uk/london-fields/

9. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Nothing wrong with the skinny jean in a lady over 30 provided she has the legs for them, in my view. Skinny jeans on men and boys just look bizarre (they need to camouflage those matchstick legs and nobbly knees) - particularly when teemed with pointy shoes and low v-neck t-shirt.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

My son is 30 and divorcing....he is 6'3' and thin as a stick.......he has a waist of 28" and skinny jeans look fantastic on him......I am so jealous he is that thin! LOL ps also jealous that he has wonderful come to bed eyes which ladies seem to like....but i digress!
    (says he struggling to loose his waist and any other line! )

11. Is there some sort of link between the divorcing and the jeans?

12. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

Skinny trousers and pointy shoes: that would appear to be the default dress code for the members of the DT dept at my school.

13. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I agree- especailly when the toes start to curl up, like something out of Aladdin.

14. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

Yep.

Not exactly a new look either!

[​IMG]