1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skills ladders ?!?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by teachermx, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I went on a course where examples of skills ladders were shown for the foundation subjects. The course leader said that they were easy to find if we just googled them ...

After a good old google search I cannot seem to find what I need! I can find skills ladders that are based on NC levels and level descriptors, however the skills ladders that I was shown detailed the specific skills that needed to be taught in each year group to enable the progression of these skills.

Does anyone know where I may be able to find something along these lines or has anyone got a copy that they would be willing to share?

We are currently using the skills from the Creative Learning journey planning but many of us feel that the skills outlined are very similar between the year groups and are quite vague!

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Anyone??

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I know what you mean but offhand can't think where.I did recently come across one when looking for ICT targets through 'googling', try putting in an image search and then going on to the site.
    Sorry can't be of more help!

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

5. Lara mfl 05

Wow!! Fantastic.Thanks for posting this link. Definitely needs bookmarking!

6. Would love to look at these skills ladders, but when I tried to open each subject folder, nothing happened! Is there a lock on them? The wizard asks for a password - can anyone help please? Thanks!

7. Lara mfl 05

Some of them appear 'corrupted' & have a symbol in front- bit like an s on ite's side with a line I think but I had no problem with the rest. You need to download the entire zip and then open individually.