1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skills for Life interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dozymare1957, Apr 2, 2012.

1. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Dear Theo
    Help! I've got an interview for teaching Skills for Life for a training company. I've taught in FE but I got that job by volunteering and then "being in the right place in the right time". I've never had an interview for a teaching position. I've been told the interview will take about an hour and a half and will include a panel interview with two people, a presentation and written assessment. I'm reasonably confident about the first and last but have no idea what they mean by a presentation. Is it delivering a lesson or presenting how I would deliver a lesson?

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Dear Theo
    Help! I've got an interview for teaching Skills for Life for a training company. I've taught in FE but I got that job by volunteering and then "being in the right place in the right time". I've never had an interview for a teaching position. I've been told the interview will take about an hour and a half and will include a panel interview with two people, a presentation and written assessment. I'm reasonably confident about the first and last but have no idea what they mean by a presentation. Is it delivering a lesson or presenting how I would deliver a lesson?