1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skills based curriculum

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tigger_teacher, Sep 21, 2007.

1. we are still NC POS based but matching skills using Chris Quiggley book. Would love to see your planning as not sure we are doing it the best possible way! People still hankering after QCA units grrrrrr. Hope Im not too late! Many thanks!!!
    bowditch7@talktalk.net

2. Hi Nelsveg. I will be teaching a reception class in a school which values the skills-based approach and would be interested in seeing your planning - if it's not too late. Do you think it's the best way to go for the foundation stage? minnieh@homechoice.co.uk

3. Hello, I know you posted this a while ago but would it be possible to have a look at your space topic? I am a student teacher in my final year and would like to see how you planned for the whole topic. Thanks (hopefully!)
    Joanne
    joanneeverett@virginmedia.com

4. If you are still happy to share, I'd be grateful for a peek at the planning. Our school has said this is the way to go and any help would be appreciated!
    kelly_canty@hotmail.com

5. If you are still able too, I would also love a copy. hannahbutler1@hotmail.com I am in a school that does very little with skills, huge focus on content. I'd love to see how you have managed it so I can have ideas about how it could fit in at my school.
    Thank you very much in advance!

6. I would like to do this to please if anybody has anything to share.
    Thank you very much

nationalcoma@hotmail.com

thanks, thanks, thanks

7. teachers-pet

teachers-pet New commenter

This sounds right up my street!!! Please can I ask for a copy of things to my email?

Much appreciated

Teachers Pet

Email: karen_b_83@hotmail.co.uk

8. I am an Educational researcher and OP of another thread called Every Child a Level 5 English in 2011 (look it up on this site!) My focus is exclusively skills and I am currently invovled in a one year project which aims to get every normally endowed (98.5%) child to Level 5 English in 2011 The project began in Sept 2010. I recently offered to any schools, surplus copies of the skills resources CD which is used on the project to see how welll people would fare starting at this halfway point. The resources focus exclusively on the literacy skills and even at this late stage could convert most predicted L4s to L5 and most L3s to L4 Anyone interested in receiving a copy of the CD should email me at eddiecarron@btconnect.com The specific skills targeted are reading, writing, spelling, listening and grammar.

9. I worked like this in the late 90's when I had R/1/2 class in a small village school, as well as doing school based topics. It was inspiring and exciting, and wasn't that difficult to organise. I loved it, and I hope the children did too!!

10. Please could I have a copy of the plans as well. It is my responsibility to try and adapt the curriculum to more skills based. We are considering the Chris Quigley stuff but would appreciate copy of the plans to help me argue its ease of use PLEASE email is ve.betts@virgin.net
    Thanks

11. sorry to add to your workload, but I'd value a copy: Thanks very much.

todd717@hotmail.com

12. Would also appreciate a copy too please. We are starting this in September and we have no idea what medium and short term plans should look like
    Thanks
    powells10@tiscali.co.uk

13. ohh I hate asking but I too would love to see what you've managed to do already. Looks like we are going this way excited but daunted!
    n.d.ryder@tesco.net
    Huge thanks :)

14. Dear Nelsveg and Patch 12

Please can you send me some info about the skills curriculum and planning, Somerset skills etc. We've just been discussing it tonight at a SLT meeting & it would be great to have some help.

Thank you so much (in advance)
    Clarecr@btinternet.com

15. We are also wanting to make a change next year so if anyone could forward this to me that would be great!

ashtonjoanne@hotmail.com

16. We are also wanting to make a change next year so if anyone could forward this to me that would be great!

ashtonjoanne@hotmail.com

17. I didn't hear anything from anyone!!
    Can anyone help me, please!!
    I would be Sooo grateful!

18. Hi

We have just found your page as we have googled 'skills based curriculum'. We are wondering and interested to know if you are still following this form of planning and how it is going? Also, if you are if we could possibly see an example of your planning to see how it all fits together.

Thanks for your time.

Vicky and Sarah

19. Hi there,
    I have been reading your discussion on a skills based curriculum. My school are not willing to buy into it at the moment because of the changes we are all currently awaiting from the government but want me and my colleague (year 1) to try a skills based approach for this half term. The only way I can think of approaching it given that we will be the 1st year group testing it out will be to sit down and try to establish the skills for each of the subjects we teach. Is this correct?
    Charlie

20. Do you have a copy of the assessment sheets (skills based) that you could email me please

Many Thanks