1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skills based curriculum

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tigger_teacher, Sep 21, 2007.

1. hi, could I also hop on this wagon! We have been following skills based for 2 terms and am looking to overhaul our planning formats.

Thanks in advance, very much appreiciated.
    kirsty.game@googlemail.com

2. sarahmilly

sarahmilly New commenter

Hi,
    If poss, me too please... I'm trying to do a creative curriculum in Y1... I have a really supportive head, who really wants me to be much more free.. this soundslike the way to go! I'm sick of QCA!!!!!
    s.gibson@stonyhurst.ac.uk
    xxx

3. Hello,
    Sorry to be another bandwagon jumper. I've been asked to look into planning for a skills based curriculum and would love to see what you've done to get an idea of how to go about it.
    Thanks in advance!
    lizziebrewin@yahoo.com

4. juliehenry

juliehenry New commenter

Hi
    Have stumbled upon this lengthy conversation as i'm researching a skills based curriculum. our school is keen to move away from QCA andall that. Would it be possible for you to send me an example of your mtp and anything else that everyone found useful?
    i'd be very grateful. thanks
    julie.henry1@taw.org.uk

5. Hi there, we too are using Chris Quigleys book and started in September! For some its going great guns for ohers not so good! Would love to see your planning sheets as not sure ours are that useful! some people are hanging onto QCA by their fingertips even tho Im trying hard toencourage them to be brave and imaginative and try something exciting!!!! Would be great to hear from you!!!!
    bowditch7@talktalk.net

6. Hi! I'm desperate for some help on this skills based curriculum planning. It's all new to me. I know I'll be covering Victorians next term so would be ever so grateful if I could share your planning. I'm currently trying to plan in this way for Rainforests and have no idea where to start???? I teach year 4/5.

My e-mail address is flump_22@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks!!!!!

7. Hi there happy new year!! We too are using Chris Quigley book of skills and have just finished our first term would love to see your planning sheets as we are struggling with ours, also you mentioned other objectives for science does that mean you refer to POS ? Science is something we`re a little concerned about-maintaining standards I mean, otherwise am loving it!!!
    bowditch7@talktalk.net
    Many thanks !!!!!!!!

8. Likewise. In the process of shifting to a creative/skills based learning for my children, and would love to see what has been working for you!

9. As Katie098 we're moving there too. Been on a Chris Quigley course which was great but now trying to make it our own. Any ideas of where to start / plans done would be a huge help. Thanks a lot.
    suzanne.elmore@southglos.gov.uk

10. Z17

Z17

This is "snap" for me we are ready to launch but don't know how to in KS2 without the QCA safety net:) Thank you

Z17themaze@googlemail.com

11. SNAP for me too! Really stuck at the moment, so any help gratefully received as several staff resistant to the move away from QCA due to the workload of planning from scratch.
    Thank you!
    golarne@hotmail.com

12. Hi i have just been searching for things about skills based curriculum and camr across the TES forum. Would br extremely grateful if i could have a copy too.

Thanks
    bencaldicott@live.co.uk

13. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Lead commenter

Could you send me a copy too please [​IMG]
    Stiltskin@passel.net

14. Wow this would be useful! If your happy to keep sharing I'd love to see it.

ashtonjoanne@hotmail.com

15. My special needs school is aiming to do topic based days instead of separate history, geography and PSHE lessons. I heard about snappy question ideas in Chris and Clive's book A Subject Leaders Handbook but cannot get hold of a copy. Is there another good, available recommendation?
    Thanks
    tog95@btconnect.com

16. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Please could I get a copy too. I'm about to move to a school thats all skills based curriculum, the old curriculum has been scraped completely so its all down to me which is exciting but also quite daunting. Thank you
    cazclark@yahoo.co.uk

17. Hi this is something we have just started to get into. Could I please have a copy via email? Anything would be a great help right now. Many thanks

tinkker@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks

(sorry for any lack of paragraphing, google chrome doesn't like correct spacing)

18. Hi! Just 'browsing' and found your discussion on Skills! Is it too late to ask for a copy too? We have been planning using skills for over a year and it would be interesting to see what other schools are doing!
    Regards
    Sue