1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skills based curriculum

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tigger_teacher, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Was wondering if you had any examples of planning for a skills based curriculum I could have a look at.

claire_l_rhodes@yahoo.co.uk

2. I too have FS yr1 and yr2 in a class. We are trying to move to a skill based curriculum. Any look at Long Term Planning with skills on and some guidance on how to cover objectives from NC gratefully received from anyone!

Our topic starting after Easter is 'Friendship' - I have Tuesday morning for planning and would love some help!

Debbie

3. Would also like to have a look at medium/short term planning please!! We started a skills based curriculum this academic year - and are highlighting skills to pass onto the next teacher but we are also finding it tricky create the short term planning documents - would like to see some plans that work.

Thankyou!

4. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

I know this was posted a while ago - but we've been using the Skills Based Curriculum since Sept. I'm on my 4th topic I've 'invented' myself - about Space - all the topics have a question and that's what you base your topic around - So my space topic is called "Is there anyone out there?", its a science rich topic.
    I've so far done: Victorians, The Body and Global Warming - I'd be happy to share my planning if anyone had any examples of their own I could look at - to check I'm going in the right direction?

5. kirstenly

kirstenly New commenter

6. Can I jump on the band wagon too? I am an NQT still trying to find my feet and any examples of skills based planning would be brilliant.

Thanks

magicstar29@hotmail.com

7. I hope this is still live too. I'd really appreciate any sample plans or grids of skills to help look at this for our whole school.
    thanks
    mjldh@btinternet.com

8. any chance i could hav a copy of ur planning sheets? thanks
    we are changing to a skills based curriculum bassed on chris quigley stuff appreciate any advice etc
    chelle.new@gmail.com

9. Same here.
    bolamsr@googlemail.com

10. Hi - hope I'm not too late! Could I also see your plans? I am moving to a new school in September which has a skills based curriculum and would love to see the way that you plan for it.
    Many thanks in advance sam_mcfly@hotmail.com

11. Hi there, just read about how you plan for skills using the curriculum, We are starting this in September but am moving to year 3 and am finding this difficult.This is really cheeky but could I have a copy of your planning tooIt would be great to see what things you have included and how you have covered the skills.Many thanksWendyWendy@hilla56.fsnet.co.uk

12. Hi Nelsveg,
    I'd really appreciate it if I could have a copy of you skills based planning for years 5 and 6. We're just starting to plan using skills and your plans will be a great starting point. Thank you.
    naureen8@hotmail.com

13. Could i have a copy to please
    would be a great help
    Thanks
    Joel498@sky.com

14. [​IMG]
    oh go on then :) could I join in the fun and havde the Y6 skills based planning as well please. Big thankyou in advance.

dbriscoe@hotmail.co.uk

15. angrypuppy

angrypuppy New commenter

16. We had an INSET yesterday due to polling day and were all given copies of the Chris Quigley book and told to go plan for next year! Argh! Seems like a very daunting prospect and didn't get very far yesterday! would really appreciate a peek at how you go about it. katie_laaa@hotmail.com

Thanks!

17. How will this link to Curroculum 2011?

Also will Conservatives get in and bin it all?