1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Skills and Interests

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon63, Jan 6, 2011.

1. If this was on a job application? I list my skills and interests. No point making anything up.

2. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I am just interested to hear what others class as their skills and interests.

3. Is this for an application form?

The only time I was asked this (it was an English application system as opposed to a Scottish one - you don't get asked that on Scottish teaching forms) I mentioned my interest in foreign cinema and 1960s kitchen-sink drama. I got an interview. :)

4. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

No we were talking about it in the staffroom today..but I know you can be asked this in an interview.

5. I always think it's a funny question to be asked at professional interview, but maybe I've just been brain-washed by the Scottish system.
    I'd actually quite like to be asked this at interview.

6. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

skills; bricklaying and chairing committees

interests; motor racing and morris dancing

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Hardly surprising my skills are in cookery, needlework, knitting, crochet, bellydancing, basic French, Spanish and Arabic.

Interests, politics, travel, Middle East, Spain, flying, mo

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

should read motorracing!!

9. Reading, cinema, country walks, boring stuff

10. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Interests: glebe lands, parrot ****, Leamington Spa, underwater soup
    Skills: spoon bending, identifying varieties of cheese entirely by touch, enigmatic smiling

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

what the hell is that?[​IMG] ..sounds like parrot gone crackers.........or at least a pol imanist? lol
    interests....mmm...motorbikes, intelligent conversation, thought prevoking tv and radio,religion, tavel , learning about people, athletics,ranges of books etc etc
    skills....well im told in good in bed lol
    .......building and garden construction, shouting at horrible kids, being friendly to folk, mending thngs,computers, teaching, .used to be dancing once..

12. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Well, above water may be a partial description, but flying fish do go underwater most of the time.

13. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Usually gardening, vegetarian cookery, keep fit, cinema, literature, crafts and walking. I dont usually mention my poker as they may think i am an inveterate gambler.

14. Interests:Music (classical and modern), theatre, moor walking, reading, etc etc
    Skills: Trombone playing, Piano playing, Conducting, British Sign Language, Small amounts of French & Portugese, Certified Moorland Leader.
    Am never sure how to categorise these things!! I once had a form that asked for skills, interests & hobbies. Struggled not to repeat myself!

15. bfudge69

bfudge69 New commenter

Drinking, smoking, fcuking and fighting.
    Unfortunately, out of these I'm only skilled at smoking. [​IMG]

16. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Mocking the afflicted

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I have no particular skills and I'm not sure that I have any specific interests any more. Does that make me a bad person?