1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SKE Courses

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by AmberSmith92, Apr 13, 2016.

1. AmberSmith92

AmberSmith92 New commenter

Has anybody ever completed a 6 month SKE course in less than 6 months?
    The accrediting University of the training provider that I REALLY want to train with is asking me to complete one before starting with them, which would then mean I would have to defer the start of my training until September 2017.
    My Maths is not as shabby as they are presuming it is due to my lack of Maths degree, and I am sure I could work at a faster pace than would be expected.
    I just wanted to hear other people's experiences?
    Thanks in advance

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Do SKE courses have to be 6 months long?

HERE the SKE courses run by TES say up to 32 weeks, but no mention of any minimum time.

You could contact them and ask.

It also says
    Completing your SKE while undertaking ITT
    This year SKE courses can overlap with the start of ITT and you may choose to continue your SKE course while undertaking initial teacher training. If you decide to do this, you must complete your SKE before you can be awarded QTS and you will only receive one training bursary once your ITT course has started.

Here are the contact details Contact TES institute

Best wishes

3. AmberSmith92

AmberSmith92 New commenter

Thank you for your advice. I will contact them to confirm this is possible when I am ready to apply.
    Thanks again,
    Amber

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good luck!