1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sixth Form up-to-date information

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Levtweeney, Apr 11, 2011.

1. <font size="4">Hi All I am considering going for a new post at my school (11-18 Secondary School) which is effectively head of Sixth Form. I am currently a head of year belonging to the sixth form team.As part of the interview process I expect to be questioned on relevant and up-to-date areas concerning post sixteen issues. I was wondering what sort of areas I could be quizzed on. I have tried to find a site dedicated to sixth form issues but to no avail and I can see TES does not have one either (strange as it is such a huge area) so was wondering if people have any links to relevant information.Any and all help is appreciatedThanks</font>

2. <font size="4">Hi All I am considering going for a new post at my school (11-18 Secondary School) which is effectively head of Sixth Form. I am currently a head of year belonging to the sixth form team.As part of the interview process I expect to be questioned on relevant and up-to-date areas concerning post sixteen issues. I was wondering what sort of areas I could be quizzed on. I have tried to find a site dedicated to sixth form issues but to no avail and I can see TES does not have one either (strange as it is such a huge area) so was wondering if people have any links to relevant information.Any and all help is appreciatedThanks</font>

3. FrauSue

FrauSue New commenter

Make sure you know what the current policy is on the future of the EMA as well.

4. Would you accept a pupils onto an 3 A level courses knowing they will fail because it will bring vital funds into the school? (the pupil is not interested in any other vocational courses)

5. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

speacock has put down some good ideas. I would say that the funding related issues are the critical ones at the moment -.
    How will you recruit, yet avoid drop outs?
    What will you do to ensure that you get no students failing with the disastrous financial consequences?
    Post 16 seems to be becoming a painful place to be.
    P