1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sixth form open evening help

Discussion in 'Classics' started by Helena Handbasket, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

We have our post 16 evening next week and I need help in how to promote classical civ A Level.
    September 2012 will be the first time the subject is taught in our school, but only if we get the numbers taking it up. As it is new to the school I don't have any resources or any past work to show. Does anybody have any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks

2. Helena Handbasket

I was considering setting up a table like a Roman feast but a few in school have said that it is too y6 open evening to do something like that and everyone else is just having leaflets and books. Though I have no books or anything else as it's a new subject.
    Thanks for the link, I will check it all out. Was hoping to put on a trip to either Athens and Delphi or the Amalfi Coast so I will definitely plug them. I also thought I could make a poster of all the universities that offer classics and classics based courses.

3. Helena Handbasket

Thanks for the link as well, it was so helpful. Stephen helped me to set up a membership and I've already got so much information and help from there just from today!