1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sixth form interview questions for yr11 applicants

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by cschulze, Jan 5, 2011.

1. I am currently reviewing the interview process for our applications to join the sixth form
    Next year. I wondered if anyone would be willing to share the types of questions you ask during this interview and your procedure for writing to applicants. I'm particulary interested in the later as historically students assume a place at this sixth form is guaranteed as long as they get 5 or more A-C grades. However in coming to post in sept I am keen for this to be more rigorous and the required grades stated from each subject in our prospectus is achieved. Im in a position where I'm fighting with slt re bums on seats in the sixth form vs quality of intake. Ive said that we would accept some if they interviewed well but did not achieve predicted grades, but we have too many students in our current y12 who were let iindwell just 5 grade C's at GCSE and are surprisingly finding things difficult at the minute. (I do realise some students under perform at gcse and should be given a chance).

2. I am currently reviewing the interview process for our applications to join the sixth form
    Next year. I wondered if anyone would be willing to share the types of questions you ask during this interview and your procedure for writing to applicants. I'm particulary interested in the later as historically students assume a place at this sixth form is guaranteed as long as they get 5 or more A-C grades. However in coming to post in sept I am keen for this to be more rigorous and the required grades stated from each subject in our prospectus is achieved. Im in a position where I'm fighting with slt re bums on seats in the sixth form vs quality of intake. Ive said that we would accept some if they interviewed well but did not achieve predicted grades, but we have too many students in our current y12 who were let iindwell just 5 grade C's at GCSE and are surprisingly finding things difficult at the minute. (I do realise some students under perform at gcse and should be given a chance).