1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sixth form college interview

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by saints_coach, May 7, 2019.

1. saints_coach

saints_coach New commenter

Hi. I have an interview next week for a teacher job at a sixth form college (currently done 10 years in 11-18). Does anyone know what typical questions might be asked at interview for a teacher job? Would they be similar to a school interview? Thanks

2. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

Be ready to negotiate on pay. Most FE colleges pay considerably less, and if you are currently UPS they are very unlikely to offer anything close.

3. NewbieHoD

NewbieHoD New commenter

There’s a lot of difference between sixth form college and FE college - make sure you’re clear which you’re going for. Sixth form will be closer to schools, FE more different.

Pay is interesting. At my FE college we pay NQTs a fair bit more than M1 on the STPC. We also have more scope for negotiating.

I notice from your username you may be in the same geographical area as me. Feel free to drop me a DM with some more specifics :)

4. Chris_Mac

Chris_Mac New commenter

5. NewbieHoD

NewbieHoD New commenter