1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sixth Form College interview (MFL)

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by robertsonalicefrances, May 16, 2020.

1. robertsonalicefrances

robertsonalicefrances New commenter

Hi all. I have an interview on Monday for a 0.8 role as an MFL teacher in a sixth form college (which offers a mix of A Level and vocational).

I'm very well qualified from a subject knowledge point of view, however I have vastly less teaching experience than your typical sixth form college teacher (I'm in my first year post NQT). Until now I've been teaching 11-18, and had additional sixth form teaching experience at other schools during my training year.

What I'd like to know is:
    a) what, in your view, are the strengths/weaknesses I will have as a relatively inexperienced candidate applying for such a role?
    b) what would be the biggest challenges in your view for your average young teacher stepping into such a role?