1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Six Tips For Better Classroom Management

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by cashmita88, Aug 29, 2017.

1. cashmita88

cashmita88 New commenter

Classroom Management involves various aspects of psychology, communication skills, people skills, etc. Thus, training in classroom management helps a teacher in understanding the nuance of classroom teaching and the various disruptions one might face during the classes.

Reward your students: Rewards are a way of motivation. Rewarding in various ways for various tasks make them concentrate and try harder. Rewards make them feel special about themselves.

Appreciate the efforts of your students:
    If even one student in the class is putting in efforts, appreciate them. Appreciation gives the students a feel-good factor and motivates them to do better over and over. This also encourages other students to put in their best efforts.

Be inclusive: Always be inclusive in the class. In class activities, include every student. If someone is unreceptive or disinterested involve them too in fun ways.

Focus on the disruptive students: The students who interrupt the class the most should be given more attention.

Be friendly: It is important to be friendly with the students in order to get them stay focused in the class. A friendly teacher is always the best friend of a student.

2. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

This is not Education News.

Pomz, pepper5, Alldone and 4 others like this.
  3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

No - it's stating the b******g obvious

Jobraund, Pomz, pepper5 and 4 others like this.
  4. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Note the thread tags:
    • courses for teaching in india
    • teachers training in india
    ... together with the claim on the OP's profile that he/she is a 'Trainer in a reputed educational Institution'.

A similar post on the Welcome Forum.

install likes this.
  5. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

The O/P: what an arrogant n*b. The six ways are:

a) Smoke weed so you don't care
    b) Drink dry red wine - at least half a bottle a night
    c) Have a sick day regularly but be careful of patterns
    e) Grow a dumb haircut and rap like that highly irritating Mr Jackson
    f) Avoid reading anonymous posts on behaviour
    d) Get your life in order, like a well-ordered list.

6. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

This post is intended for.... ?
    Maybe it would be a good idea OP to outline why you posted this. Yes some good points but maybe considering how many experienced teachers post on here it might have been a better idea to put.... "These are a few of my ideas and it would be great if other people here could add to these to try to help people new to teaching"

Just a thought.

galerider123 likes this.
  7. peggylu

peggylu Star commenter

It's not even that. It's clickbait, carefully read what the OP has actually written in their last two points.

I suppose it's worked 6 responses so far.

install and bonxie like this.
  8. SomethingWicked

SomethingWicked Occasional commenter

I see him before every YouTube video and I am *this* close to hiring a hitman.

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I only counted 5 so what is number 6?

phlogiston likes this.
  10. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

I disagree, focus on the motivated and students doing their best. These are the ones that always get left out but will return the best results for your and their efforts.

The disruptive ones are seeking attention and succeeding by getting it, They will become only become more disruptive the more attention they get. Ignore them as best you can without letting them get away with any "crimes". But pay them attention if they get the message and start to comply.

Suspect advice, Its important to be approachable and having good relations with students and whilst being friendly works for some teachers it is not essential for all.

However "A friendly teacher should never be the best friend of a student". The best friend of a student should be someone their own age whom they can share kicking a ball around with, swapping Instagram photos with, drink White Lightening or whatever kids do these days,

peggylu likes this.
  11. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Agree with your students that numeracy doesn't matter! :oops:

les25paul likes this.
  12. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

I actually like my students to be disinterested.

13. cashmita88

cashmita88 New commenter

I respect your thought!! However, as a teacher it is important to find out why the student is being disruptive in class. There can be 'n' number of reason behind it. May be the class is not interesting enough, may be the student is unable to understand the core idea of the topic, can be he/she is a student of above/below intelligence. For one he already understood it and finding no more interest in class and for the other he is a slow learner and the pace of the class is too fast for him. These are few crucial areas where the teacher should focus and try to find out the reason behind teh disruption.

However, if these are not any of the concern in such cases you may consider that the student is trying to seek attention and then your argument is correct.

14. cashmita88

cashmita88 New commenter

Sorry I missed out the sixth point. Here it is..

Be a good listener: Always be a good and attentive listener and answer their queries. Listen to what they have to say in an unbiased manner and give your opinion accordingly.

15. cashmita88

cashmita88 New commenter

Sorry I missed out the sixth point. Here it is..

Be a good listener: Always be a good and attentive listener and answer their queries. Listen to what they have to say in an unbiased manner and give your opinion accordingly.

16. cashmita88

cashmita88 New commenter

That's great but at times discipline is required and it also helps the students to be define them.

17. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

I don't think you understand the meaning of "disinterested".

And I do not understand the meaning of "it also helps the students to be define them"

Maybe you can enlighten me?

blueskydreaming and peter12171 like this.