1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Situation in In January?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by skteachy, Jun 8, 2020.

1. skteachy

skteachy New commenter

Hi all,
    What do you think The situation will be in secondary schools from September?

I really want to move to another school for January 2021 but obviously need to find something by October 31st.

Do you think with social distancing and
    Smaller classes schools will need more teachers? I am a secondary school English teacher.

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

No-one knows. But long term significantly smaller classes simply won't happen. They would need more staff and more buildings and there isn't that sort of money available.

phlogiston and agathamorse like this.
  3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

As @Skeoch says, there will be neither space nor money for many smaller classes.
    I suspect there will be a fair amount of turnover in schools in the new year.
    Good luck with finding a role that suits you in a school that wants you.

4. skteachy

skteachy New commenter

Thank you for replying. Yes exactly I don’t know where they could put all the students if they create smaller groups. Really hoping to resign by October deadline.