1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sister

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Doglover, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Have just read this book in one sitting, and absolutely loved it.
    There is a real twist at the end of it, which I really did not see coming.
    Apparently it has had some bad reviews, but if you are thinking of it reading it,ignore them.
    It is well worth the read.

2. jeswes

jeswes New commenter

I really liked it too kept me guessing right to the end

3. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Literally just finished reading this.

Wow is all I can say, really did not see the twist coming at all.

A brilliant read.

4. Me too. Of all the twist endings that I thought could be coming, I wasn't expecting that one. The 'sisterly bond' bit was slightly over done in my view, but the story was gripping.

5. Agree with all previous comments. thoroughly gripping read.
    What could you recommend that is similar?

6. Have you read Her Fearful Symmetry or The Room? I also read a book called "I Saw You" by Julia Parsons a few years ago, which was an excellent read.
    I also have recently enjoyed The Betrayal, which although not exactly the same type of storyline, was a really good read.

7. Thank you for the recommendations doglover. Will look out for them.

8. It's just arrived from Amazon and I am going to give it to my sister for Christmas. (appropriate title) Hope she passes it on to me when finished with.

9. minnie me

minnie me Lead commenter

Looked forward to having time to read it - wd have devoured it on a beach ! - don't have any siblings so not sure what it is like to have this kind of bond so in this respect it was a bit over the top for me. Reminded me of the film The Sixth Sense ?