1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SIS / MIS alternative to SIMS for small independent school

Discussion in 'Independent' started by LisaTops, May 9, 2016.

1. LisaTops

LisaTops New commenter

Can anyone recommend a cost-effective alternative to SIMS for a small independent school? We will have approx. 100 students and up to 30 staff members. SIMS quotes were far out of our price range.
    We would like it to work with aSc timetables for register generation & attendance monitoring, student & staff records including behaviour, wellbeing, SEND & admissions.
    Does anyone have experience with iSAMS, for example?
    Thanks

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

We have 3sys.

It does things like register, report writing and all sorts of other things that we don't fully use.
    Similar size school to yours.

3. DIrectorStudies

DIrectorStudies New commenter

I absolutely love Schoolbase. It is perfect for small schools

4. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

SchoolBase is a good choice. Well worth having a very good look. Strong on support as well as features. You'll find that it will help with lots of other things too including admissions and communication.

5. trinity0097

trinity0097 New commenter

Engage by doublefirst, you can also do all your accounts stuff on the same thing so it's all integrated.

6. Robert_Frost

Robert_Frost New commenter

Our school uses isams - we're a pretty small Independent school. My sense - from looking at other schools that use it, they all seem to be small independent schools likewise . . .

7. LisaTops

LisaTops New commenter

And the debate goes on...
    Any more feedback about isams, Engage and what about SchoolPod?
    I took schoolbase off the shortlist based on cost but now wondering if I should ask them to reduce it.
    Any insight would be interesting.
    Thanks

8. LisaTops

LisaTops New commenter

In particular if anyone has used the automatic timetable module on Engage by Doublefirst I'd be interested to know if this meets your requirements.

9. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

Do look closely at cost. Some products include free training and data transfer. Within reason I think SchoolBase offers free support.

10. LisaTops

LisaTops New commenter

I'll take another look at schoolbase, although initial costing was way over budget.

11. skeptucator

skeptucator Occasional commenter

I use iSAMS in a small independent school also, feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer (have only been using it since September).

12. LisaTops

LisaTops New commenter

Thanks skeptucator. Is your school getting along with it very well? What would you say are it's strengths and weaknesses in your experience so far?