1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sirens

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mangleworzle, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

I’ve seen a couple of police cars driving around over this weekend and a helicopter one afternoon No sirens though.

2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Cuts out the need for those useless entertaininers :D

Dodros likes this.
  3. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

Much much less than normal here in my part of London. Almost silent out tbh, which for here is so rare it’s kind of eerie.

needabreak likes this.
  4. needabreak

Begs the question, are burgers still active or is nicking other people's potentially covid infected stuff a no no?

Wonder about the future of ebay... :eek:

5. needabreak

Ditto, maybe we are neighbours. :D:D:D

6. Orkrider2

Orkrider2 Star commenter

a tweet from my local police station the yesterday said no crime reported overnight in our ward. Again, a massive rarity, considering I live in one of the knife crime hotspots of London.

7. needabreak

Well its good that there were no crimes.

8. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Some human detritus will keep crime going unfortunately.

Callous conmen used the coronavirus to trick a 92-year-old woman into letting them into her home - before stealing her jewellery, a purse and cash. The two men ransacked rooms in front of the vulnerable pensioner.

The thieves told the victim a neighbour had died of coronavirus - then offered to clean her home for her.

Detectives have blasted them as 'the lowest of the low' after they posed as 'helping hands' to dupe her.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ma...irus-conmen-royton-oldham-police-18036749.amp

9. needabreak

:eek::mad:

Jamvic likes this.