1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sir Chris Woodhead - an honour well-deserved?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tafkam, Jun 11, 2011.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Apparently Chris Woodhead has been knighted in the Queen's birthday honours list. Am I alive in thinking him ano irritating sleazeball of a man?

2. No
    You could have asked a better question though - lol ;)

3. Ah, if only I could have been her majesty for that moment... His head would have come clean off his shoulders! [​IMG]

4. I read an article in which Chriss Woodhead said he is thinking about driving himself to the coast in Cornwall and then either drive his car off the cliffs or wheel himself over the cliffs in his wheelchair (not sure which), due to him having some horrible incurable degerative disease. He said in the article he would prefer that to going to a Swiss Dignitas clinic and being helped to do himself in by some 'beared social worker'.

5. well - that was 2 years ago - he's still here
    he also said he still regarded it as his duty to keep outing incompetant teachers of which there were 'more than ever'- he may well consider bearded social workers to be teachers in another guise

6. I suppose him being wheelchair bound and suffering from MND means he's less likely to be chasing sixth formers around and shagging them. Typical tory tosser. Cameron's minions really should have researched this more.

cyolba, wondering how long the post will stay before being deleted :)

7. Alone? definitely not.

Motor Neurone disease... After all those teachers who had their lives ruined by him and OFSTED...I wonder if there is such a thing as Karma.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/5267559/Chris-Woodhead-considering-suicide-after-motor-neurone-disease-diagnosis.html
    "He went public with the news for the first time on Sunday, insisting he would
    rather drive himself "in a wheelchair off a cliff" than endure an
    agonising death.
    "
    I certainly will not cry any tears for the man nor feel one iota
    of compassion, and neither did he when he corrupted education in the
    UK.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Typically selfish way of committing suicide by driving his wheelchair over a cliff and expecting the emergency services to pick up the pieces. I wouldn't wish motor neurone disease on anyone but he certainly is an arrogant and odious man who has done immense disservices to teaching.

9. I just hope that he makes sure there is no one standing at the foot of the cliffs.
    [​IMG]