1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Single Parent Teacher's - how do you cope with workload and life stresses!?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Aideen Lang, Oct 9, 2014.

1. I have been a single parent for nearly two years now, and although I love being a single parent, I am struggling with the amount of stress and work within teaching coupled with the stresses of being a mum of a three year old. It is not so much that she is difficult but the parties, nursery and keeping her entertained along with the observations, marking and planning is killing. How do you do it!?

2. langywangy

langywangy New commenter

Hi Aideen,

I am newly single with a baby almost one. I have no advice other than to say you're not alone. I keep wondering if teaching is a career for a single parent but I have no idea what to do which would offer the same pay/holidays etc.

Big hugs x

3. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

I wouldn't recommend any mother with a three year old to work full time. Can't you get part-time teaching to fit in with nursery school hours and also have some time with your little daughter? She will certainly need you aged only 3.

4. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

True.
    Although you went and waited until she was seven before you said it!

Spanishone and ultrablondbird like this.