1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Single lesson ict in ks4

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by naturalcynic, Jul 16, 2012.

1. In previous years we have taught OCR short course as a compulsory lesson for those who do not take ict as a gcse option . During the last year we have used this lesson to teach functional skills. However am I right in thinking that from next year short course type options will not count towards school points, only gcse or equivalent. In which case what are the choices for this single lesson type course in the future.

2. In previous years we have taught OCR short course as a compulsory lesson for those who do not take ict as a gcse option . During the last year we have used this lesson to teach functional skills. However am I right in thinking that from next year short course type options will not count towards school points, only gcse or equivalent. In which case what are the choices for this single lesson type course in the future.

3. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

You are correct 1/2 gcse no longer count. I would push for more lesson time or do functional and tell smt it will not count!!